Friday, September 28, 2007

One Year, and some Pool

Well, as of yesterday I have officially been at Tomlinsons for one year! Yay!! Unofficially though, it was a year last Friday. What happened was that I applied for this job, and got it, and Subway just happened to be doing their renovations at the time, so I had the week off. I decided to use that week to start working at Tomlinsons. When Subway re-opened, I had already given my 2 weeks notice (one of which I didn't work because the store was closed) so I only had to work one week there, and then I started back here! I was kinda hoping that for being here one year, I might actually get a key to my 'office' (aka the dungeon/closet/server room), but no, I didn't. So I still have to go find a spare key whenever I get in before Matt does.

In sort of related news, (the relation being that it was with work. It was coincidence that it happened on my being here for 1 year) the accounting department went out to Dooley's for some pool last night. I wasn't too sure how it was going to go,and was even more unsure when I walked into Dooley's and the only person there so far was Eric, the sales manager (he's kinda intimidating cause he's one of the top 4 executives at the office). But things got better when he said he was buying the first round and other people started showing up. It turned into a fun night in the end, and it didn't cost me a thing! (other than some coupons that I got with my membership I got a couple weeks ago)

No comments: