Saturday, January 19, 2008

Finally, I found a Wii!!!

I've been looking since a few weeks before Christmas, and I have finally found one!! Most of my 'looking' has been refreshing 5 web pages and waiting for the availability to change from 'Out of stock'. I have done some searching at stores, and asking when shipments might be coming in, but it was always the same response: 'I think we might be getting some in on Tuesday, but I don't know for sure'. I was going to start calling the stores on the days that they get their shipments in next week, cause I figure they would finally hagve gotten their inventories up to date from Christmas (Wall-Mart told me they have no way to track inventory right now, because of the chaos of Christmas).

Last week Amanda and I went to a birthday party for Jeff at their place. One of Catriona's teacher friends was there with her husband, and we got talking, cause he works at Dell. At some point we got to talking about the Wii, and he said that they sold. I thought it was kinda weird that Del would sell them, but apparently you can get almost anything from Dell. So Dell got added to my regular web page refresh list along with Future Shop, Best Buy, HBC and Toys'R'Us. At first they only had games and accessories in their inventory, but this morning I was surprised to see that they had a Wii bundle available! It came with the Wii, the Wii Zapper (which includes Link's Crossbow Training) and Medal of Honor Heroes 2 for $345! I looked up everything separately at Best Buy, and it's about $5 cheaper than buying everything separately.
I looked all over the page, but didn't see an 'Out of Stock' note anywhere! So I ordered it, and it should be here within 15 days!! I can't wait!! Now we have to start thinking about what fun accessories we want to get! I'm definitely thinking the Nerf foam sports kit, after seeing too many videos on YouTube of the regular accessories flying out of kids hands and smashing the TV, or someone's face. And after we've had it for a bit, and gotten some more games and controllers, we just might throw a Wii party!!

If anyone else is looking for one, click here for the Dell page.

No comments: